Understanding Autism in the Classroom – Online Training Presentation
Is there a student in your room that finds it hard to sit still, uses you more like a puppet than a teacher, finds it hard to manage their big emotions, or refuses to do handwriting in fear of making a mistake?
Is there a student in the playground who finds it hard talking to the other children, is often seen playing alone or comes along and ruins another child’s blocks or sand castle?
This course is for you.
Often we find ourselves getting frustrated by the little things that our students do.
Once we understand why they might be doing these behaviours, we then know what to do about it to make our room calmer.
This training session supports teachers, aides and carers who support children with autism, anxiety and trauma related health conditions
This lesson covers the following topics:
- We all learn different
- What is your learning style?
- How does the brain learn?
- Autism strategies in the classroom
- for sitting still
- maintaining concentration
- reducing anxiety & meltdowns
This product also includes:
- Training presentation handouts
- Child motor development e-book
- Visual Schedules
- Anger management chart
- Classroom communication resources
Our courses meet some of the APST Standards and can be used for CPD points
Standard 1.5 – Differentiate teaching to meet the specific learning needs of learners across the full range of abilities
Standard 1.6 – Strategies to support full participation of learners with disability
Standard 3.2 – Plan, structure and sequence learning programs
Standard 3.5 – Use effective communication (with learners)
Why should I enrol this course?
- This course will help you to better understand children who have autism or experience anxiety.
- You will be able to respond more appropriately to children with autism and your classroom will be more engaging, less stressful, and more appropriate to your student’s sensory needs.
What is the inspiration behind this course?
I am passionate about helping all students access educational support that suits their learning needs. I am also passionate about supporting teachers so that they aren’t experiencing anxiety at work.
Once you have paid for this course, you will receive a video link via email to view on your phone or computer.